Whole Body Cryotherapy
Whole Body Cryotherapy is a systemic anti-inflammatory treatment involving skin exposure to ultra-low temperatures between -190 and -250 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 minutes. In the Cryotherapy Chamber, the body is exposed to Liquid Nitrogen. The chill triggers natural physiological responses:
- The blood vessels rapidly constrict (vasoconstriction) to keep the core temperature unchanged (while the average skin temperature drops to 50°F) and to protect the organs.
- The shock provokes an analgesic effect via the release of endorphins.
- Once back to normal temperature outside the cryotherapy chamber, the blood vessels dilate (vasodilation). Blood circulation is dramatically improved and the distribution of oxygen and nutrient throughout the entire body is improved, as well as the natural elimination of waste and toxins.
While the body has entered survival mode for a few minutes, the brain has received and sent out messages to check physiological and metabolic functions and to boost the anti-inflammatory protocol to heal traumas where need be. The major advantage Whole Body Cryotherapy has over an ice bath not only is the shorter time frame, but the healing process continues longer.
Whole Body Cryotherapy provides incredible health benefits, both short and long term:
- Multiplies metabolic rate
- Eases suffering from rheumatoid arthritis
- Calms autoimmune and other inflammatory disorders
- Relieves skin disorders such as, dermatitis and psoriasis
- Reverses skin aging, poor skin elasticity, and cellulite
- Relieves depression, anxiety, and stress
- Reduces insomnia and chronic fatigue
- Increases energy levels naturally
- Improves blood circulation
- Boosts the immune system
Localized cryotherapy applies the same concept as Whole Body Cryotherapy. The difference is with localized cryotherapy a specific area is exposed to the cold (as low as -250°F). It is comparable to icing it but more powerful and more efficient. The body response is focused on a single area, drastically maximizing its effects.
Localized Cryotherapy Treatment allows for higher precision to reach the target area such as neck, shoulders, elbows, knees, ankles, feet etc. The liquid nitrogen can be applied longer (5 to 10 minutes); penetrating deeper to aid in the healing process.
Localized cryotherapy is frequently used in complement of Whole Body treatment to both relieve the affected area and provide the body with the improved physiological function that can sustain the healing process.
Localized cryotherapy is recommended for sprains, tendonitis, post-surgery recovery to:
- Accelerate the healing of scarred tissues
- Reduce swelling
- Minimize bruising
- Relieve back pain, muscle aches and spasms
- Reduce Inflammation
Cryo Facial uses the same device as local cryotherapy but is specifically designed to treat the face and the neck.
The main reason for aging skin is the loss of collagen. As we age the production of collagen slows down and skin lacks oxygen needed for that youthful glow. Add to that a busy life, pollution, stress and internal pollutants (toxins, processed food etc) and your face pays the price. It loses its elasticity, wrinkles deepen, eyelids drop, the jaw line is not as clearly defined not to mention the bags and dark circles that appear under the eyes.
Cryo Facial directs a beam of vaporized liquid nitrogen all over the face and neck. The vasoconstriction / vasodilation phenomenon helps decrease pore size and increases blood flow which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the cells and detoxifies them at the same time.
Properly fed and freed of toxins, the cells are able to work, producing the collagen that glues it all together (collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and is found in tissues protecting our organs, connects ligaments to our bones, holds our joints, strengthens blood vessels, gives the skin its firmness and elasticity).
Cryo Facials help reverse the signs of aging and treats skin disorders such as dermatitis and psoriasis also.